By Barbara Hammer, Andrej Gisbrecht, Alexander Schulz (auth.), Pablo A. Estévez, José C. Príncipe, Pablo Zegers (eds.)
Self-organizing maps (SOMs) have been built through Teuvo Kohonen within the early eighties. for the reason that then greater than 10,000 works were in keeping with SOMs. SOMs are unsupervised neural networks beneficial for clustering and visualization reasons. Many SOM functions were constructed in engineering and technological know-how, and different fields.
This booklet includes refereed papers offered on the 9th Workshop on Self-Organizing Maps (WSOM 2012) held on the Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile, on December 12-14, 2012. The workshop introduced jointly researchers and practitioners within the box of self-organizing structures. one of the publication chapters there are first-class examples of using SOMs in agriculture, desktop technological know-how, info visualization, overall healthiness structures, economics, engineering, social sciences, textual content and photo research, and time sequence research. different chapters current the most recent theoretical paintings on SOMs in addition to studying Vector Quantization (LVQ) equipment.
Read or Download Advances in Self-Organizing Maps: 9th International Workshop, WSOM 2012 Santiago, Chile, December 12-14, 2012 Proceedings PDF
Similar international books
Throughout the moment half the 20th century, improvement within the Asia-Pacific zone has been ruled through industrialization. even though, at first of the twenty-first century, companies, particularly, finance, info and inventive providers, became deeply embedded within the approaches of city development.
This paintings is a part of the Integrating nationwide Economies sequence. As international markets for items, companies and fiscal resources became more and more built-in, nationwide governments now not have as a lot keep watch over over fiscal markets. With the crowning glory of the Uruguay around of the GATT talks, the realm economic climate has entered a clean part requiring varied principles and diversified degrees of foreign cooperation.
This ebook constitutes the refereed complaints of the twenty fourth foreign Symposium on allotted Computing, DISC 2010, held in Cambridge, CT, united states, in September 2010. The 32 revised complete papers, chosen from a hundred thirty five submissions, are provided including 14 short bulletins of ongoing works; them all have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen for inclusion within the e-book.
This ebook is a suite of papers provided through well known researchers, keynote audio system, and academicians within the overseas convention on VLSI, conversation, Analog Designs, signs & structures and Networking (VCASAN-2013), prepared through B. N. M. Institute of expertise, Bangalore, India in the course of July 17–19, 2013.
- International Handbook of Population Aging
- Geometric Product Specification and Verification: Integration of Functionality: Selected Conference Papers of the 7th CIRP International Seminar on Computer-Aided Tolerancing, held at the École Normale Supérieure de Cachan, France, 24–25 April 2001
- Advances in Multimedia Modeling: 19th International Conference, MMM 2013, Huangshan, China, January 7-9, 2013, Proceedings, Part II
- Gastrointestinal Motility: Proceedings of the 9th International Symposium on Gastrointestinal Motility held in Aix-en-Provence, France, September 12–16, 1983
- Advances in Automation and Robotics, Vol.1: Selected Papers from the 2011 International Conference on Automation and Robotics (ICAR 2011), Dubai, December 1–2, 2011
Additional info for Advances in Self-Organizing Maps: 9th International Workshop, WSOM 2012 Santiago, Chile, December 12-14, 2012 Proceedings
The mark in Fig. 6(a) was moved about 10 steps to the right in Fig. 6(b), as the map is continuous in either side. Similarly, in Fig. 6(c), it is moved up by about 5 steps compared with Fig. 6(b). Fig. 6. (a) After Torus-SOM learning, (b) the map (a) is slightly moved to the right, and (c) moved upwards. (d) The result obtained with SOM_PAK learning. Finally, the result obtained after learning, using the SOM_PAK is shown in Fig. 6(d). In the case of the Torus-SOM of Figs. 6, the map is continuous on all sides.
23. Due to the larger difference between the y coordinates than the x coordinates, the projected positions of the centers in Figs 9(c) and (d) can be understood. 3 Analysis by Torus-SOM and Ordinary SOM Next, the result obtained with an ordinary SOM is shown in Fig. 11. SOM_PAK is used for the analysis. The cases of 2 layers and 3 layers are shown in Fig. 11. Here, the interval d equals 10. As evidenced by Fig. 11, the boundaries between the layers are clearly shown by the U-matrix. Next, the learning is repeated for the cases of 2 layers and 3 layers with the Torus-SOM.
Sm }, of m meta-level clusters of weight vectors, called emergent clusters. A cluster contains weight vectors with similar characteristics, which represent similar data examples. Many emergent weight vector discovery methods are available, including exploratory methods  and algorithms such as SOM-Ward  and k-means  clustering. The speciﬁcs of these techniques are not this paper’s focus. Step 2: Compute Signiﬁcance Measures: Signiﬁcance values are computed for each cluster’s attributes.
Advances in Self-Organizing Maps: 9th International Workshop, WSOM 2012 Santiago, Chile, December 12-14, 2012 Proceedings by Barbara Hammer, Andrej Gisbrecht, Alexander Schulz (auth.), Pablo A. Estévez, José C. Príncipe, Pablo Zegers (eds.)